Manufacturing/Reliablity Engineer II
Req ID: R0007275
Location: Round Lake
, IL US
Posted Date: April 24, 2017
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Under supervision or as directed:
1. Develop the maintenance strategy, plans, SOPs, parts lists, BOMs and frequencies for new and modified equipment.
2. Perform the review, improvement and update of Maintenance SOPs, Parts Lists, BOMs and CMMS data integrity for existing equipment.
3. Perform data analysis of corrective work orders in CMMS to identify trends and area focus for improvements
4. Perform functional equivalency assessment of spare parts.
5. In collaboration with engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance personnel perform or support troubleshooting of equipment.
6. Conducts or participates in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
7. Execute Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) or other improvement projects in assigned area.
8. Participate and provide support for audits as needed.
9. Support the implementation of predictive maintenance across the facility.
10. May assists in the preparation of and/or participation in technical reviews of equipment design projects.
11. May participate in FAT and commissioning of new or modified equipment.
12. Identify cost/waste/energy reduction opportunities.
13. May be assigned change control, Quality CAPA and Safety CAPA tasks.
14. Report project and operational metrics.
15. May perform other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with cGMPs is a plus
• Must have proficient computer skills and be experienced using MS Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and MS Project.
• Must possess knowledge of the core engineering principles of heat transfer, mass transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment.
• Must be organized and detail focused.
• Familiarity with Biotechnology manufacturing operations such as aseptic filling, packaging and their support systems such as CIP, SIP, HVAC, plant and clean utilities, is a plus.
• Familiarity with project management principles is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. in Engineering.
• 1 – 3 years of experience.
• May be required to travel for business reasons, e.g. training and meetings.
• Must be able to work in controlled or clean room environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in these work environments.
• The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
• May work in a cold, wet environment.
• May be exposed to sunlight and heat.
• May be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes.
• Possible exposure to cool/hot storage conditions.
• May be around moving equipment and machinery.
• May be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
• May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, and bases that may require respiratory protection.
• Inside working conditions.
• May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
• Will have interaction with other people.
• Pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
• May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• May be required to push up to 25 pounds
• May be required to pull up to 25 pounds
• May be required to visually inspect frequently when completing the following job duty: start-up, troubleshooting, inspection and commissioning of equipment.