Job Title: Integrated Health System Director, Immunology
Under the direction of the Institutional Team Vice President and Area Sales Leads, the Integrated Health System Director (IHSD) is accountable for managing all aspects of customer engagement including pre & post-sales account management with strategic IDNs, Alternate Site Infusion Centers and Groups, and Regional GPO’s. Responsibilities include managing the transition from strategic alignment to sales closure to implementation inclusive of mutual value creation. Responsible for coordinating engagement across Institutional Team members and the customer to ensure Company and Customer goals and objectives are met and mutual value is realized. Operations to ensure sales growth, customer satisfaction and portfolio penetration targets are achieved. In addition, the IHSD is responsible for managing issues that arise through the course of doing business by coordinating with the Sales Leadership, Customer Service, Channel team, Marketing, and the region based Integrated Health System Managers (IHSM). Further, they will provide market place and customer insights to understand the customer more fully to identify and drive new growth opportunities across Shire’s rare disease portfolio
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This section contains a list of primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
1) Lead, manage, and develop the skill sets and overall performance of the IHSM’s in your region.
2) Hire, train, and develop and coach new and existing IHSM’s
3) The IHSD will be responsible for building aspects of the strategic business plan focused on the implementation of strategies that align with the customer initiatives; success will include driving incremental growth and ensuring mutual value realization.
4) With direction and partnership from the Area Lead, the IHSD will be responsible for executing against the strategy, coordinating with the IHSM team members, to ensure that the company and customer objectives identified during the sales process are met.
5) The IHSD will be responsible for working at the regional level of the IDNs, Alternate Site Infusion Centers and Groups, and Regional GPO’s while providing direction for the IHSM team. This will be consistent with the corporate strategy (system level) for the account while the BU IHSMs will execute at the facility level.
6) The IHSD will work with the customer to identify KPIs and work with appropriate resources to track progress against these goals. In conjunction with the Area Lead, IHSD will meet on a recurring basis to review results with executive sponsors and is responsible for creating the dashboards to insert into the Quarterly Business Reviews.
7) Through on-site knowledge and understanding of the customer’s environment, the IHSD will help the Area Land, and Institutional team VP develop solutions that are tailored to address specific customer needs that resonate within the specific customer.
8) The IHSD will assist with pre-sales activities, solutions development and execution to drive new business, retain the existing base, launch new technology, implement the Institutional team goals and create mutual value with the client.
9) The IHSD will be accountable and responsible for driving conversion and compliance at the system level and within the regional structure, supported by field sales leadership and IHSM’s at the facility level.
10) The IHSD will support the contracting process by providing the Area Lead with the appropriate analytics, defining the opportunity, as well as the implementation plan across the regional structure of the accounts. They will work in conjunction with the IHSM’s to clarify roles, responsibilities and timing for the implementation.
11) This position will require 80% travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The individual must also have the ability to manage talent (selection and development of sales personnel)
Experience driving success within an IDN environment and strong knowledge of US healthcare industry
Managing in a complex matrix environment including sales, clinical, solutions and services
Excellent project management skills
Demonstrated ability to think strategically to develop solutions that solves customer needs
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively with others to achieve cross business goals and ability to utilize account team resources effectively aligned to customer needs
Experience collaborating with key influencers and senior decision makers by creating value for partnership
They must have excellent communication skills, the ability to engage and motivate a diverse group of sales professionals
Candidate must demonstrate ability to work in a matrix sales organization
A strong leader who can serve as a role model for the organization; outstanding interpersonal skills, a depth and breadth of leadership experience in the industry
Unquestionable ethics, values and professional integrity
IDN and Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred
Plasma industry experience preferred
- BA required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of healthcare experience required
The Integrated Health System Director West will have responsibility for key accounts in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Southern Texas