Learning & Development Business Partner
Req ID: R0026973
Location: Dunboyne, Meath IE
Posted Date: September 13, 2018
As our Learning & Development Business Partner you will be part of our Learning & Development Team for our new state of the art single use multi-product biotech facility in Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland. This facility will manufacture enzyme replacement and antibody-based therapies for Shire, the leading global biotech company focused on rare diseases. The organisational structure at the site will be based on self-directed work teams where decisions will be made at the level where the data exists.
As our L&D Business Partner you will work across the sites self-directed work teams and hub teams to support the development and delivery of the Learning & Development programme in order to allow the site to achieve strategic objectives related to Safety, Quality/Compliance, Supply Assurance (i.e. capacity, yield, fulfillment), and Value.
You will support the implementation of the Learning & Development system for our new start-of-the-art- single use multi-product biotech facility in County Meath, Ireland.
Key responsibilities will include
- the implementation of the learning & development strategy.
- Engaging and working collaboratively across the Enterprise Teams (Self Directed Work Teams and Hubs of Expertise) to develop a dynamic and effective Learning environment.
- Design Learning programmes in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts.
- Co-ordinate and support Trainers and provide them with timely feedback.
- Ensuring the Learning & Development program is in compliance with all applicable legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Implementation of the Learning and Development Strategy
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the development of the Learning and Development Program
- Project Management of our Learning & Development Program
- Design Learning programs in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts
- Co-ordinate Trainers and support them on development and delivery of Learning content and provide them with timely feedback
- Manage the Logistics associated with the Learning Program
- Preparation of Learning Course materials, organise virtual and video conferencing Learning sessions, setting up, opening and closing courses
- Ensure training records and curricula are accurately maintained on our Learning Management System
- Evaluate Learning Delivery efficiency and effectiveness
- Accountable for the quality and implementation of all all elements of the Learning and Development Program
- Define, develop and report out on the Learning and Development Key Performance Indicators and metrics
- Conduct periodic training needs analysis assessments in line with the Companies Strategic Objectives
- Support the continuous improvement of Learning and development programs
- Be active in relation to implementation of Best Practices and trends in the area of Learning and Development across the Network and benchmark across industry
- Ensure SABA LMS is implemented and maintained for training requirements, history and qualifications.
- Ensure ongoing GMP education programs are delivered to all employees adhering to international GMP regulations, cGMP’s, company policies.
- Ensure instructional design techniques and principles are applied to support GMP, job skills, and procedural training.
- Participate in the development of effective orientation programs are in place.
- Partner with the EHS Hub to ensure sustainable EHS programs are engrained and deployed, to develop effective integrated solutions to EHS requirements, to develop a valuable EHS learning program for you and to assist with safety initiatives.
- Stay actively involved by participating in inspections, GEMBAs and Go-See’s, reporting safety observations.
- Challenge and identify improvements to the safety and environmental programs on site.
- Be a visible leader of safety initiatives and stay actively involved in safety forums.
- Celebrate with use of proactive recognition tools that inspire teams and individuals.
- Create an environment where everyone speaks up for our culture of safety and looks out for one another.
- Be an ambassador for the Shire leadership behaviors of accountability, be positive, results driven and excellent manager of self and others.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools, lean and six sigma methodology to identify improvement opportunities, perform technical troubleshooting and successfully implement solutions.
- Support the implementation of site strategy and business unit strategy by identifying appropriate initiatives for applicable improvements to the value stream. In some instances support corporate initiatives and projects.
- Identify the appropriate business drivers for each initiative, draft proposals and seek appropriate governance approvals.
- Prepare timely project reports and communicate effectively with all stakeholders including reporting any potential project delays timely and provide mitigation plans to assure on-time execution.
- Reporting of Value Stream Key Performance Indicators & Metrics.
- Support the implementation of the Lean Management System.
- Encourage new and innovative approaches to improve the value stream.
- Engage in implementing innovative solutions that drive a high performance organisational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations ensuring attainment of site operational and development goals.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organisation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Organisation Skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution.
- Proven ability around working cross functionally, focusing on meeting and tracking to schedules and embrace an interdependent working culture.
- Proven record developing Learning Programs.
- Experience working in a GMP/regulated environment is desirable.
- Proven record of accomplishments in the training arena, specifically in a regulated industry.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies is desirable.
- Experience working with Human Performance Models is desirable
- A Learning and Development qualification is desirable.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Ability to translate the vision and goals of the company and site to the Self-directed teams.
- Enterprise mindset to ensure the right prioritisation for the site.
- A proven ability to lead cross functional teams and deliver on tight timelines.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Promoting a culture where diversity and inclusion is part of the DNA.
- Strong Talent Developer with a focus on creating a continuous learning organisation
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Establishes challenging assignments and stretch goals for self and team members and provides management and guidance to team members on prioritization and resource allocation to achieve goals in accordance with established polices and business needs.
- Identifying and communicating risks in area of responsibility and across the site.
- Input into the creation of strategies and plans to manage risk within the area of Learning.
Internal and External Contacts
- Collaborates with the Technical Operations Training Community and Continuous Improvement teams across the Organisation.
- Collaborates across the Self-Directed Work Teams and Hubs to coach, mentor and develop the learning capability within the teams and to develop their skill-sets
- For Learning and Development collaborates with Learning and Development peers across the Biologics business unit in Shire and through external forums to drive business excellence.
- Collaborate with Quality and EHS teams to develop the Learning Materials.
- Collaborates across the Self-Directed Work Teams and Hubs to coach, mentor and develop the capability in the teams to develop and deliver training.
- Key collaborators include the Learning Management System (LMS) owner, IT, system administrators and HR Business Partners.
- For delivery of the people strategy including recruitment, learning and development and organizational talent reviews collaborates with business excellence and HR to develop a high performing technical organization in Dunboyne